Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yakisoba in Wakasa

From my town of Funaoka, Wakasa is maybe a 20-25 minute drive away. Another JET lives there, and as I'm the closest to her and Japanese-competent (she's just started learning), she invited me to go with her to one of her town's restaurants for yakisoba.

She lives in a small town, the sort where your neighbors will ask you about the veggies you got at the grocery store last Friday, and had heard from one of her coworkers that this yakisoba place was THE place to go for yakisoba. So we went, ate, chatted up the couple that mans the grill, nothing too extraordinary.

...Her students have yet to stop asking her about her "boyfriend," and this was a few months ago now! What's more, when I was on a trip with my co-workers one weekend after the fact, we ran into a similar tour group from Wakasa and I was introduced to their principal at one point. "Oh!" He goes. "You're the one that got yakisoba with Marianne-sensei!"

No comments:

Post a Comment